Most people need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, while some people may only need their valid passport.

If you are visiting Canada for short-term business purposes there is a specific visa you must apply for called the Business visa.

Parents and grandparents of Canadian Citizens or permanent residents of Canada are able to apply for Super Visa to allow extended stays.

A visitor visa does not guarantee entry into Canada. When you arrive a CBSA officer will assess if you are eligible to enter. You may be inadmissible to Canada, which means you are not allowed to enter the country based on the some following reasons:

  •     Criminal activity
  •     Human rights violations
  •     Organized crime
  •     More here


You may still be able to entry by applying for a Temporary Resident Permit. To find out more if you are inadmissible please check our inadmissible information

Use our free assessment to see if you may be eligible for a visitor visa:

  •     eTA
  •     Visitor Visa
  •     Super Visa
  •     Business Visitor
  •     Temporary Resident Visa inadmissible


Tourism Visa in Canada - Contact AKM Law - a Toronto Immigration Law Firm - today
Business Travel Visa to Canada - Contact AKM Law - a Toronto Immigration Law Firm - today

If you're not sure which applies to your situation or for more information, please contact us below.

Address1 Yonge Street, Suite 1507 Toronto, Ontario M5E1E5