Under Canada's economic streams for PR, there are three categories a foreign national may fit under. This system is point based. You will be assessed on a number of factors, each equating to a point value, the total of which will be your CRS (comprehensive Ranking Score). After completing your online profile you will be entered into a pool of other eligible individuals. Immigration Canada will then pull people based on a score, approximately twice a month.
CANADA EXPERIENCE CLASS
In order to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class you must meet these minimum requirements
|NOC skill type or level||Minimum level for all four language abilities (English)||Minimum level for all four language abilities (French)|
|NOC 0 OR A||CLB 7||NCLC 7|
|NOC B||CLB 5||NCLC 5|
|Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result and must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.|
- Have gained at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply. The work must be full time, or equal in part time and working in Canada legally.
- Skilled work experience must be managerial jobs (skill level 0), (skill type A), Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type b)
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
The Federal Skilled Worker stream is designed for individuals who have foreign work experience and wish to move to Canada as Permanent Residence.
There are minimum requirements for skilled work experience, language ability, and education to be eligible. This is based on a point system. You must score at least 67/100 possible points to be eligible under this stream. If you meet the threshold you will then be able to enter into the pool of express entry candidates with your CRS score.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
The Federal Skill Trades program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residence on being qualified in a skilled trade.
Skilled trades are organized under these groups of the NOC:
- Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
- Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
- Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
- Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
- Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
- Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
|English||Speaking and listening||CLB 5|
|English||Reading and writing||CLB 4|
|French||Speaking and listening||NCLC 5|
|French||Reading and writing||NCLC 4|
- Have at least 2 years of full time work experience or an equal amount of part-time work experience in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply
- Meet job requirements set out in the NOC
- Have a valid job offer of full time for a total period of at least 1 year
- Education is not applicable for this program, but if you want to improve your rank by obtaining secondary education
- Want to live outside of Quebec
- Have your trade job assessed by the province or territory