Canada offers citizenship through naturalization and by birth in Canada.
To be able to apply for Canadian citizenship, the following conditions must be met:
- You must be a PR, fulfilled all conditions related to PR, you must not be under review by Immigration Canada, or have a removal order.
- Physically present in Canada for at least 1095 days (3 years) in Canada within the last five years when you apply
- Meet all tax obligations within the last five years
- Able to speak and listen in either French or English
- Pass the test to meet knowledge requirement
- Take an oath
- Not be inadmissible